Tuesday 3 March 2009

Sketches for making products module

Image Argos

Image from Staples.co.uk


In this sketch I was thinking of a rolodex rotary card file
I suppose these sort of things are almost redundant nowadays.


In this sketch I was looking at sewing boxes,
or fishing tackle boxes, all those compartments and
cantilever trays would make ideal places for storage
on the move.



In these 2 sketches I was having a little play with
the idea of a witch with her pockets full of potions, 
hence the added familiars!


Just little slit pockets, and a device for carrying
upside down flowers, harking back to some of the
photos a composed in semester 5.


Just thought I'd exaggerate the hips!

After unblocking the kitchen sink, I thought about
making un-screwable and flexible pockets inspired
by household plumbing.

Pockets as a sort of 3 dimensional decoration,
or patchwork even.

Belts and strappings for ticket and flower collectors.

Not quite jewellery, not quite clothes, more like
a stack of plant pots. Perhaps I was subconsciously 
thinking of Bill and Ben, fitting in with nostalgic trends.

These sketches are the start are my explorations of making a product that transports essential items, to transform somewhere into a special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment