Tuesday 31 March 2009

Final couple of sketches & moulange


Here it is in situ, I think it makes quite a nice shape, skimming
around to the back.


Shaping the pattern piece for the back of the garment.


Here are the two front pieces, that overlap nicely
to make a mock wrap front.


Satisfied with the right front piece, I have taken it off the model
to trace the shape, and reproduce it to make the left front.



The style lines drawn onto the calico, a seam allowance
of 1.5cm is added, the surplus fabric is cut away.


Initial moulange on the tailors dummy; the construction
of the toile was somewhat determined by the model I used,
with few obvious construction lines to follow I decided to
place some darts to form the shaping around the bust,
rather than making a seam.
I have drawn on the calico to establish the shape of the
garment that I envisaged.


After much deliberation and procrastination,
I have finally decided to go with the above. A 
separate skirt with waistband will eliminate the
problem of having a pocket with a dart going
through it. One can also attach more panels
to the waistband, overlapping the pieces or taking
them around the back of the garment.




No comments:

Post a Comment